Re: [Asrg] seeking comments on new RMX article

2003-05-04 19:46:00
Hi Dave et al,

AD> Are there NO other methods which a mobile user may use to send mail?

MR> What about VPN?  What about stunnel?

DC> those are not mail protocols.

True, but they are "other methods which a mobile user may use to send
mail." My point is that if an organization with mobile users wants to
implement RMX, it has plenty of options already available.  Some work may
be involved, but it's hardly a show-stopper.

In any case, introducing RMX involves far less work than replacing SMTP,
which many have suggested, and it gives each organization the freedom to
make a change--or not--on its own schedule and terms.

Mike