Re: [Asrg] seeking comments on new RMX article

2003-05-06 09:14:49
Damian,

DG> Thus spake Dave Crocker (dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net) [06/05/03 11:21]:
ps.  It strikes me that the RMX proposal is conceptually similar to the
old IDENT specification which purported to offer wonderful security but
was soundly rejected by the security community.

DG> The big difference is that IDENT is a per-user authentication mechanism,

I used the word "conceptually".  Your response is mostly about details.

From an architectural standpoing, both proposals seek to obtain a
small bit of validation from the sending host, and then extend the
semantics of that validation far beyond what is technically warranted.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>