Re: [Asrg] seeking comments on new RMX article

2003-05-06 06:47:13
I want to see an RMX type scheme implemented because it is necessary to
reduce/end the freely forgeable mail protocol we have now.  With an RMX type
scheme forging is greatly reduced.

This would reduce the ISP's need to censor incoming/outgoing mail.  I am not
in favor of any scheme that involves other people or their programs reading
my mail.

The goal of the RMX type scheme is to make the spammer accountable instead of
the ISP.  The spammer is the one responsible for abusing the system and is
the best target for our wrath.

With regard to accepting legitimate mail from spam friendly connection IPs, an
RMX system lets you set up a program to notify you of the abuse.  One day
your mail server starts getting hit with 100 invalid (according to RMX)
emails and you look at it and fix it.  Or the opposite side, you accidently
set up an open relay and suddenly get notified of 1000 RMX failures in
outgoing mail (You then fix it right away and feel silly for making such a
mistake).  It is a win-win situation.