Re: [Asrg] RMX and Privacy

2003-05-06 09:24:20
Yakov Shafranovich <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com> wrote:
We certainly had a good discussion on using RMX. However, there is one
issue that has been bugging me that was not mentioned. With the current
SMTP system it is very easy to send anonymous email. However, what will
happen if RMX is used? RMX is designed to authenticate the domain of the
sender, not the actual user so it is still possible to use a proxy to send
the email for you. A mixmaster anonymous remailer or a web mail account
that was created through www.anonymizer.com can still be used to send email
as long as their domains have RMX records.

  It is the responsibility of the administrator of the remailer to
minimize the amount of spam flowing through his system, or others will
block mail from his domain.  RMX changes nothing.

  Alan DeKok.