RE: [Asrg] seeking comments on new RMX article

2003-05-07 12:11:54
The reason RMX records haven't made a big impact to date is the lack of a
standard.  On this list there have been numerous proposals, each slightly
different and each one has been met with silly arguments like "if we do
that
I won't be able to send anonymous e-mails pretending to be Ronald Reagan"
or,
more realistically, "but then I'd have to send my hotmail messages actually
through the hotmail service and that would suck"

What you say is "more realistic" actually isn't, it's a misleading piece of
rubbish foisted on you by people who either don't understand that what
matters to these guys (hotmail clients) is content header not envelope
header while what matters to thr rMX proposals is the envelope header - or
perhaps by people who fully understand that but don't care about accuracy as
long as they can attack the rMX proposal.

I don't like rMX either, but I've got so fed up with the braindead attacks
on it by certain contributors to this list that I'm just about prepared to
defend it to the death!

Tom