RE: Consent (was Re: [Asrg] seeking comments on new RMX article )

2003-05-07 18:23:42
On Wed, 7 May 2003 13:14:59 -0700
Phillip Hallam-Baker <Hallam-Baker> wrote:

Should the holder of the DNS keys be a dictator over all the mail
sent from his domain?  You say, "Yes!"  I say, "Hell no!"

Domain names are not a scarce resource.

They are not scarce technically.  They can be scarce politically.

That is not the case, top level domains are scarce but there is plenty of
unused space in all the existing TLDs.

There are 208 billion eight letter domains in dotcom alone, that is enough
for twenty for every person on the planet.

If they become scarce for political reasons we can always create a new
hierarchy.

                Phill