Re: [Asrg] Is there anything good enough? - Spoofing stats

2003-05-08 05:13:34
On Wednesday 07 May 2003 11:48 pm, Vernon Schryver wrote:
old advice to block free provider mail that does not come from the
free provider's MTAs.  It does have a high false positive rate except

Thank you.  So you do approve of RMX because how else are you going to know if
the free provider mail is coming from the free provider's MTAs if you don't
ask them.  and how are you going to ask them if you don't have RMX?

You're expending an awful lot of energy trying to break down the process but
you are an advocate of something much more anti-standards and intrusive.
Instead of blocking the spammers from using those domains you block everyone.

...I think demanding that free providers
change to fit my model of how they should run their businesses to suit
my convenience would be wrong.

Then why are you doing it?  Why are you saying "you can't have free e-mail or
I won't accept your messages"?  You are absolutely telling them how to run
their business if they want to send you mail.

with postfix (which you seem to use).
I only use pieces of it.  I'm working on an SMTP proxy with finer-grained
scriptable rules and logging to a database.