Re: [Asrg] ASRG as a source of spam?

2003-05-19 15:16:53

Hallam-Baker, Phillip said:

The quantities of 'spam' from remotely legitimate businesses is
such a small proportion of the total that we can worry about that
after the criminal spam senders are locked up.

I see your point, but given the prevalence of "e-pending" and
similar techniques -- where legit companies buy and trade email
addresses, often sending to scraped addrs with no opt-in --
spam from legit companies will still be a big issue, and will
remain a favoured "escape route" for the less legit spammers.
*That* is the problem with defining spam as "what big companies
don't do".  cf. Nadine.

--j.