RE: [Asrg] TitanKey and "white lies"... (Faking SMTP hard errors "improves" C/R utility?)

2003-05-29 15:37:24
Oh man Eric, you're using big words and heavy use of the stack on your
writing so I'm having a hard time understanding what you say.

But let me put this to the group:

1. we don't really care what error message to generate. What's important
to us and the ISP is that we're not accepting email we don't want and
we're not paying for the bandwidth to receive it.

2. why don't we create a standard error code that says, "I don't know
who you are so I reject your email and if you're a mass-email please
remove me from your list".

What's important, I believe, is that:

1. the recipient decides what email they want to get and what they
don't.

2. unwanted email does not use bandwidth.

Peter