RE: [Asrg] TitanKey and "white lies"... (Faking SMTP hard errors "improves" C/R utility?)

2003-05-29 19:13:52
On Thursday, May 29, 2003 7:05 PM, Peter Kay
[SMTP:peter(_at_)titankey(_dot_)com] wrote:
8<...>8
However, that being said, go ahead and try to send email using
well-engineered mass emailing software and you will see that it does, in
fact, remove your email address from the database.

I am very interested in proving the assertion of that claim.  If you have such
software for testing, can it be made available to the group for forensic
analysis of its function and as an attempt (at least by me) to gauge the devel.
tree/path or adaptability of said technology?

Can we say with absolute certainty that all spammers remove all bad
emails? Of course not. But look at the feature set of most all
mass-email software and you will see features to auto-delist email
addresses with "hard bounces".

Do we really need to do that (not to mention they would probably be executed
;-) or can this be accomplished through forensic and other examination of this
software?

-e