Re: [Asrg] TitanKey and "white lies"... (..."improves" C/R utility?)

2003-06-01 12:44:42
At 10:52 AM -0600 6/1/03, John Fenley wrote:
This implies the broader question: Should the ASRG support methods that rely on the SMTP protocol to work? Many have pointed to the SMTP protocol as a source of problems, and I personally believe the chances of SMTP being the standard email transfer method in 20-50 years are slim.

Reliance on SMTP is fine. Any new protocols will presumably attempt to deal with the problem from the ground up, rather than by patching. The chances that they'll have any need or desire for whatever systems we propose are slim.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Anti-Spam Service for your POP Account

everyone else's.