RE: [Asrg] CRI Header

2003-06-05 08:09:21
At 11:15 PM 6/4/2003 -0400, Eric D. Williams wrote:

On Wednesday, June 04, 2003 3:54 PM, Eric Dean [SMTP:eric(_at_)purespeed(_dot_)com] wrote:
8<...>8
> ok..optional headers or do we introduce a new one?  There isn't an RFC 2822
> registration process that I am aware of.

IMHO the question at this stage is 'optional headers or the introduction of an
new one?  Would a comparable RFC 2822 header field be as effective?'
[..]

Both an "X-CRI" and "CRI" headers should be defined. Until the standard gets approved, the "X-" headers will be used, once the standard is approved then both the "X-CRI" and "CRI" headers are used. This is similar to the HTTP protocol where both "gzip" and "x-gzip" are used to indicate gzip encoding (RFC 2616, section 3.5).

Yakov