RE: [Asrg] CRI Header

2003-06-06 07:29:27
Wow, Tony!  Thanks. We will proceed accordingly.

-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]On Behalf Of Tony
Hansen
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 9:47 PM
To: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] CRI Header

Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
At 03:20 PM 6/4/2003 -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
ok..optional headers or do we introduce a new one?  There isn't an
RFC 2822
registration process that I am aware of.

See draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-06.txt

Currently, isn't it enough just to define a header in an RFC? This has
been done for a number of headers.

Yes, that's all that should be needed: write an internet-draft defining
the new header and get it published as an RFC. If msghdr-registry gets
published as an RFC before this new I-D gets published as an RFC, then
the new I-D will also need to have an appropriate IANA Considerations
section that directs IANA to add the new header to the header registry.

      Tony Hansen
      tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com