Re: [Asrg] CRI Header

2003-06-05 19:28:30
Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
The question is what do we do during the standards process until the RFC is approved, do we use "X-" or the regular headers?

Simple: you write the internet draft in terms of what you expect to be standardized. That is, in terms of regular headers.

For example, when the MIME standard was being worked on, the internet drafts were written using headers such as Content-Type, etc. They were NOT written using X-Content-Type, and the name changed right before publication. It was specified as Content-Type all along.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com