[Asrg] Another way to detect spam....good or bad?

2003-07-08 11:46:35
I know this is going to sound strange and it might be really off the wall but I have been looking at some of the spam that hit my mail box this morning. I noticed two kinds of spam:

1) From a legit email address; usually has a email address in the mail message; 2) Spammed through a relay; the message never seems to have an email address in the message.

In the latter message I always see a postal address and usually a telephone number (what idiot spammer would send a mail message without a contact?). What idiot spammer would send an email message with an email address in it?

So now I have a three tiered method to getting rid of spam in my inbox. First is to use C/R to find a real human. Second is to use a Bayesian filter and third is to look for an email address in the message. If I check the email address in the message (if one is present) I would expect to find the domain part in the email message headers (yes I know a stretch but ...).

What do you think?

Chuck Wegrzyn