Re: [Asrg] 3. Requirements - Non Spam must go through

2003-07-10 03:14:29
On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 07:52:10AM -0400, C. Wegrzyn wrote
I keep seeing the statement being made that spam should be returned to
the sender.

  It should be rejected is more appropriate.  In the case of mainsleaze
spammers-in-pinstripe-suits, the sender is using their own MTA.  Most of
the time, however, you have pond-scum using compromised home-users'
machines.

I might suggest something slightly different: why not have it
delivered and marked as SPAM in the Subject line? In this way at
least I can check to see if it really is spam? I'm afraid that if it
is returned and we have false positives some mail might be returned
that I do want to see.

  a) Why would I want to wade through 15 megabytes of spam after not
     reading my mail for a few days ?

  b) My inbox may be the *TARGET* of 15 megs of spam, but it can only
     hold 10 megabytes in total... oops.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org>
Email users are divided into two classes;