RE: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - CRI Draft - 4.1 Loop Avoidance

2003-10-02 21:24:28
At 6:37 AM -1000 10/2/03, Peter Kay wrote:
This is interesting as it may pave the way to a BCP as well.

Kee, I'm curious, did your support system autorespond with the same
RCPT-TO address as the one the customer sent it to?

Meaning, if the customer sent an email to "support(_at_)domain(_dot_)com", did
your
autoresponder reply with a RCPT-TO of "support(_at_)domain(_dot_)com" or was it
"techsupportreply(_at_)domain(_dot_)com".

Fortunately it (RT in this case) responds with the same email address. Otherwise we would have had another round. Obviously that isn't always the case (I just sent an abuse notice to Level3, the response came back from a different address, and when I replied to that, I got a bounce from their internal redistribution list--that kind of thing isn't uncommon.)

--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/         Next Generation Spam Defense

everyone else's.