Re: [Asrg] 0. General - Inquiry about CallerID Verification

2003-11-30 13:23:20
Hector Santos wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan DeKok" <aland(_at_)ox(_dot_)org>
To: <asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Asrg] 0. General - Inquiry about CallerID Verification

Yakov Shafranovich <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com> wrote:

Ok, I think we'll all be waiting for his document very eagerly.
Hopefully he can provide a status update and perhaps let us know if he
needs more help.

 More help would be appreciated.  I've got an outline, and a "todo"
list.  What would help is people willing to root through the details
of protocol X (RSS, HTTP, IRC, etc.), and describe how it differs from
SMTP (using the outline of SMTP's issues).  People willing to
contribute, please email me off-list.

Hmmmmmmmm,

I don't see why you would want to to confuse the issue with RSS, HTTP, IRC,
etc?

There are security issues present in other protocols which have been dealt with in different ways. We can use some of those methods in SMTP.

Yakov
-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" (Lord Acton)
-------