RE: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - depracate all list/bulk mailing and changeto RSS

2003-11-30 22:37:23

The good part of pull, as far as I'm concerned, is that
control rests with the end user, not the marketer.  The bad part of
pull, as far as the marketer is concerned, is that control rests with
the end user, not the marketer.

I can agree with you on this one.

Regards
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]On Behalf Of
Walter Dnes
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 3:51 PM
To: ASRG list
Subject: Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - depracate all list/bulk mailing and
changeto RSS

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 03:23:50PM -0500, Yakov Shafranovich wrote

RSS feeds have a long way to go before legitimate email publishers
(such as all of my company's clients - member-based organizations like
AFL-CIO,  Public Broadcasting System, American Red Cross - would be
willing to abandon push email for pull news aggregators.

Would email publishers be willing to pursue the "pull" approach to the
extend that they are willing to sit down and work out the different
issues involved? Or is "pull" currently a "non-starter" in those
communities?
--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org>
Email users are divided into two classes;