ietf-asrg

Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - depracate all list/bulk mailing and changeto RSS

2003-12-01 20:42:31
On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 03:56:38PM +1030, Chris wrote

*No support for various transactions that can be enabled within email
(e.g., donation, viral marketing).
want really exciting offers daily, I'll point my newsreader at
alt.really.exciting.offers.  If I want something, *I* will initiate the
the contact.  I do *NOT* want to be marketed to via my inbox, any more
than I want to be marketed to via my phone at suppertime.  Do you
understand ?

In that case set your personal filters or whatever to "NO UCE"

but let the rest of the world decide what it wants and doesn't want
to read.

speaking for myself I don't think you should be telling me what I
want to get in my mail box or don't want to get.

of course I might be alone in this.

  I have no desire to stop email that you want to receive.  What I do
object to is unsolicited bulk email that gets sent to me.  And I don't
see why I should have to run filters, etc, to allow you to get email ads
that you want.  Install an RSS client.  Or download shareware, and let
it pop up ads on your desktop<g>.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org>
Email users are divided into two classes;