Re: [Asrg] Re: 6. Proposals: MTA MARK

2003-12-09 13:35:27

  Right now, much of spammers behaviour is already illegal.  LMAP
makes it more likely for them to engage in more illegal behaviour.
This makes them easier to catch, and gives law enforcement more
inducement to catch them.

  It also gives registrars more inducement to do sanity checking on
registration, if large percentages of registrations are found to be
fraudulent & criminal.

Question,  I have not seen the CAN-SPAM bill (any one with a link to it? I
can't seen to find it)

Nonetheless, from what I know of it, spammers are only required to provide a
valid return address.

How will LMAP address this CAN-SPAM legal requirement?

I like LMAP, I already have begun implementing the LMAP-based design as
options for admins.

However, maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem to go far enough if CAN-SPAM
is to be followed.

Remember, as a developer,  I need to be able to provide the functionality to
the admins.  We are going to be bombarded by the "layman" admins who will be
asked by their boss because he heard of the new buzz word,   CAN-SPAM,  if
their mail system supports it.

In short, is LMAP CAN-SPAM Ready?

- Hector