[Asrg] Re: 6. Proposals: Implementing LMAP (or LMAP-based) proposals

2003-12-09 14:05:27
Yakov, Alan,

I need some input here.

Ok,  Now that I am sold on LMAP or implementing a LMAP-based solution in our
software, I have to see how best this is:

1) Introduced and offered to our customers,
2) Setup or configured to automate the support process.

Keep in mind the following: A) Wildcat is 100% GUI configuration, hence the
majority of our customers expect anything new to be easy to setup and
implement using a GUI setup.  We also do this to minimize our support
overhead, and B) I am not a DNS administrator. So when it comes to
"records", I have limited knowledge on setup.

So tell me, what do I need to add to our SMTP Server Setup dialogs?

I'm thinking that they need to "Help" in defining their MX and TXT LMAP
records?

So in our Anti-Spam Property Sheet, it could be something like:

This is for per-domain.

   Domain: XXXXXXX.COM

   [ Anti-Spam Controls ]

   [X]  Enable RBL                             [ Settings...]
   [X]  Enable LMAP                            [ Settings...]
   [X]  Enable HELO/EHLO Controls              [ Settings...]
   [X]  Enable MAIL FROM  Controls (WCSAP)     [ Settings...]
   [X]  Enable RCPT TO Controls                [ Settings...]
   [X]  Enable DATA Controls                   [ Settings...]

   [OK] [Cancel] [Help]

For LMAP control settings:

   [ Ant-Spam-LMAP Controls ]

   [X] Enable or
   [_] Enable LMAP-based XXXX
   [X] Enable LMAP-based YYYY
   [_] Enable LMAP-based ZZZZ

   ????

   LMAP TXT RECORD: _______________________  [ Save to DNS ]

I read the various proposals

So if you assist with what needs to be done in the LMAP settings, this will
help me getting a basic understanding on helping our customers get deploed
quickly.
Thanks

--- Hector