Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals: MTA MARK vs port 25 filtering?

2003-12-10 15:41:33
Alan DeKok wrote:
Markus Stumpf <maex-lists-spam-ietf-asrg(_at_)Space(_dot_)Net> wrote:

6) If it can be solved with port 25 filtering this would be great. But
  the technique to do it is there for years. Why is spam still a problem?

  Because of the people who DON'T block port 25.  Moving to MTAMark
will have the same deployment issues.

Adding another tool to our arsenal and letting both sides of the network able to respond to threats is a good thing.

I see MTA Mark complementary to port 25 blocking - both tools are available and address the same issue, with one tool on the sender's side and one on the reciever. This way everybody has some tools to fight with.

Yakov
-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"I ate your Web page. / Forgive me. It was juicy / And tart on my tongue." (MIT's 404 Message)
-------