Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals: MTA MARK vs port 25 filtering?

2003-12-16 12:04:37
Hi Alan,

Thanks Alan, I'll trying to keep up.  Maybe you can help summarize it here:

Who has LMAP deployed currently to evaluate its effectiveness?

What is the recommended refusal methods for a LMAP rejection?

Does LMAP offer a fallback?

Does LMAP rejection pre-empt an ESMTP AUTH?

Does LMAP even allow for ESMTP AUTH to be reached?

You have to just put yourself in the position of the engineer that will be
programming this and passing it on to customers.    Right now ESMTP AUTH
trumps all restrictions or issues that deal with SPAM or dynamic IP or
whatever.   Where and how LMAP would fit in with everything else is what I
am trying to see.   Unless I am seeing it wrong, I agree with Phillip,  the
domain check itself is insufficient.

-- Hector