Re: [Asrg] Microsoft publicly announces Penny Black PoW postage project

2003-12-26 10:43:19
At 10:14 AM 12/26/2003, you wrote:

The concern that I would have is whether Microsoft has any patents currently in existence or any submarine patents that Microsoft will finalize in 5-10 years and demand a lock on e-mail if it is adopted.

I wouldn't worry about such techniques from most other companies since most try to be on the up-and up but Microsoft has a history of pulling stunts such as this. (Such as when they programmed early versions of Windows to crash when DRDOS was running which killed DRDOS. Novell won the suit but Microsoft still had the permanent lock on the market at that point.)

What would be nice though is if someone could set the amount of time it takes to have messages pass through. For example, the president of IBM would have a higher "cost" for his time than the average home user.

-Art
--
Art Pollard
http://www.lextek.com/