Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals: MTA MARK vs port 25 filtering?

2004-01-18 18:51:46
John Levine <asrg(_at_)johnlevine(_dot_)com> wrote:
I don't know of anyone who has much interest in getting SMTP
connections from random PPP and DHCP users.  I know that to a very
close approximation, that mail is 100% spam and viruses.

  Few people disagree with you there.

  See the list archives for flame wars involving people who want to
*send* messages from random PPP accounts, and random addresses via
DHCP.  Also note that there are zero responses[1] to requests asking
"what's wrong with SUBMIT, or umpteen other submission methods".

  Alan DeKok.
[1] I don't count responses which amount to "I don't want to change my
behavior", or "SMTP on port 25 is the One True Way to deliver mail,
everything else is evil."