Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals: MTA MARK vs port 25 filtering?

2004-01-19 13:20:20
Alan DeKok wrote:
  Many of the concerns about dynamic DNS and small domains can be
addressed with trivial additions to the protocol.  The fundamental
concept remains the same, though: publishing information as to how the
recipient can tell that certain messages were sent consentually.

OK, so there are a few parties who could/should be 'consenting':
1. HELO Domain owner
2. MAIL FROM Domain owner
3. Machine owner
4. IP Address space owner
5. Connectivity provider

Although in most cases, some of these will be conflated, I can imagine cases in which each of these is an independent entity. The LMAP discussion document seems to apply it to 1 & 2 only.
There are 2 questions that arise:
How comprehensive do we want LMAP to be?
How will a typical receiver-side implementation enforce the stated policies, especially when they conflict?

Philip Miller