Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals: MTA MARK vs port 25 filtering?

2004-01-19 03:11:58

I would be delighted to declare accountability for messages from my
own server, if only to remove the need for my ISP's relay.

It depends whether you have a static or DHCP address.  If it's static,
you should be able to set the mark data for the range assigned to you
just like you should be able to set your own rDNS.  If not, you don't
get what you don't pay for.  I realize that many cable DHCP addresses
change only every six months, but it's still DHCP and your ISP can't
provide contact info by rwhois.

I don't know, but what's to stop you doing SPF / some kind of dynamic DNS?