RE: [Asrg] Its all over for Challenge Response

2004-02-05 21:04:56

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
I think that it would be OK to require ISPs to get consent from
the end user.

The end-user consents by not moving to another ISP.

That is where your core political beliefs clearly differ from mine.

I believe in personal freedom, there is no choice of cable company
in my town, they are the only provider of high speed Internet. I
believe they should be a common carrier by virtue of their monopoly
status.

Every individual should have the right to become a full citizen
of the net. That means owning and controlling their own Internet
identity - they should each have their own domain name.