Re: [Asrg] 2. Improving Blacklists and Reputation Services

2004-02-09 16:52:07
Yakov Shafranovich <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com> wrote:

An accrediation service is vouching for someone, a reputation
service is stating an opinion of someone's reputation. The two
things are different.

How are they different (in any way that matters to me)?  In both
cases, a third party X is saying something to the effect of "I think
you should trust Y."  (Or is it that accreditation can only be
positive, while reputation can be positive or negative?  In that case,
I see no reason for accreditation services since they're strictly a
subset of reputation services.)

Seth