Re: [Asrg] 2. Improving Blacklists and Reputation Services

2004-02-11 11:05:15
Accreditation to me involves an official, recognizable entity
certifying that the party in question meets some sort of standard.
This accrediting entity should be widely recognized as being able to
provide this sort of assessment without need for corroborating
support.

"official" according to whom?  "widely recognized" among whom?

Reputation is a less-formal aggregate measure formed from the
collective opinion of a community.

Defined how?

Where would you place something like SPEWS?  It seems to me that just
about all of the interesting cases don't meet either of those
definitions.

Seth