Re: [Asrg] draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-00

2004-05-05 10:10:52
"Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:

How many credit agencies would list every customer of Verizon
because one customer of Verizon defaulted on a loan?

Credit agencies don't "list", they provide information.

If the correlation between "customer of Verizon" and "defaulted" were
high enough, they'd all mention being such a customer.  If it were
considered irrelevant, they wouldn't.

How many credit agencies would list half the population of spain?

How many insurance companies charge different amounts based on
neighborhood?

Would a credit agency list Texas because of Enron?

Credit for companies depends on the sovereign, not subdivision.

I think it is utterly ludicrous to expect that any document is
going to make it through IESG review on this topic.

Then why are you wasting your time trying to stop it?

Barry is right about plaintifs using the BCP in littigation,

How about defendants using it?

I would also expect to see the IETF drawn into littigation if
it published a BCP that endorsed collateral damage or keeping
the identity of a blacklist secret to avoid littigation.

There's a difference between "not mentioning" and "endorsing".

Seth