Re: [Asrg] Message Level Authentication

2004-05-07 08:16:06
Matthew,

Point 1 - What part of what andy said? We cant make ip claims about
similarities because you have come up with nothing so far as a group.

Point 2 - As far as an expert review of what we have developed,
unfortunatley the experts formed the asrg a long time after we came up
with this.

Point 3 - Yes we did get feedback and we answered everything anyone
asked. Next.

Question 1 - does everything have to be in a draft form?  I have seen a
lot of things hashed through without those (CID and YDK).  Most of them
seem to be ideas about things to try and not about things already built?

Question 2 - Is the patent piece of this a non starter in terms of
working with this group?  I know you all are considering other patent
pending ideas, what makes this one so different and what is with the
hostile remarks to us popping our heads up?

We are not trying to create a hostile environment, we just created
something we know works and want to have it flushed out as an option
as it is the most secure form of authentication (no pki, no publishing
specific ips dns, not rebranding of old ideas into something new),
it provides the level of accountability required before any e-postage
scheme is possible and actually works.

Is the job of this group to find something that works, or find something
that nobody else came up with?

Thank you

Bill McInnis
From: Matthew Elvey <matthew(_at_)elvey(_dot_)com>
Date:  Thu, 06 May 2004 21:04:11 -0700

On 5/6/2004 6:16 PM, Bill Mcinnis sent forth electrons to convey:

Hello,

We started this thread over in the MARID board only to be
asked to move over here, which we can understand.

What Andy said applies equally here:

Bill,

If you are asking for expert review of your proprietary anti-spam
system, please do it elsewhere.

If you are seeking to contribute to this IETF standardization effort,
please submit an Internet Draft complete with proper intellectual
property notices.  And remember, MARID is about a DNS authorization
solution for MTAs.

If you believe that input documents to MARID are in conflict with your
own intellectual property, please specify which methods are in
conflict.

-andy, co-chair

?

It looks like you already got a bunch of feedback on the MARID list:
http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg00940.html

Thank you,

Bill McInnis

.

----
This message has been verified as authentic by MessageLevel.
Guarantee the authenticity of your email @ http://www.messagelevel.com.

----
This outgoing message is guaranteed to be authentic by MessageLevel users.
Guarantee the authenticity of your email @ http://www.messagelevel.com.