RE: [Asrg] Message Level Authentication

2004-05-07 17:21:38

Patents aren't an insurmountable problem, although unless your
patented scheme is vastly, enormously, better than all of the
alternatives, people are going to use schemes that are either P.D. or
where patent owners offer free licenses as Microsoft says they're
going to do with Caller ID.

You will probably find a large number of people are not going to read
a proposal that is encumbered by patent claims in a forum that does
not have an RF or RAND IP policy in place.

I don't see a need for an encumbered scheme in this space. I think
that there is a very good solution on the table that is subject to
acceptable (i.e. free) licensing terms.

                Phill