Re: [Asrg] [Fwd: Yahoo! Mail Publishes Specification for DomainKeys]

2004-05-19 17:00:13
At 11:46 AM 5/19/2004, William Leibzon wrote:

Big problem I have with it is that yahoo domain keys breaks with email
forwarders, mail lists and roaming users (and they fully acknoledge that
it does not work with them and say there is no good work-around). That
makes it no-go as far as I concerned for initial deployment unless
changes are made.

You're assuming that there's no way to fix the break.

And frankly, I'm less then satisfied after so many promises and lots of
wait for it. Its long document (which I ready fully) that primarily just
pounds on rather old idea of entering public key in dns and using private
key to add signed header to email, this idea had been around for at least
4 years (possibly more) and I thought they found ways around above listed

What is new is the signing of the header.  I don't believe that this
has been practiced since the days of PGP.  I don't know about PEM.

Mark

and other similar problems when email content must be changed in process
of tranmission by intermediate server, but unfortunetly they did not. Nor
do they address entering keys too well, again we're back to reusing TXT
(where as what we need is standard for entering public keys in DNS and
this is needed not only for email but for several others things and in
general would come usefull, there have been drafts about this actually).