RE: [Asrg] Re: SPF abused by spammers

2004-09-14 14:26:37
[snip]
The only way I can understand SPF is as a way to distinguish spam from
non-spam on a single sending MTA. If the ISP thinks a host sends only
spam, aren't there are easier ways to deal with the situation?

Bright ideas are always welcomed. Got any?

And SPF does nothing to identify spam- ONLY to validate the sending
domain to an IP address. That's it. No more.
This is only one piece of the puzzle but a necessary one. More are
needed in the fight against spam.

I have been participating since day 2. Not all of my ideas were good
ones, some were. Of those, some were incorporated, some were not. Add
that to everyone else's input and I believe we have a pretty good plan.
I am glad we are moving forward.

Regards,
Damon Sauer