Re: [Asrg] Re: SPF abused by spammers

2004-09-15 19:48:59
On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 07:37:24PM -0400, Seth Breidbart wrote

Suppose I own cluebytwelve.com (I do), and I want to send mail "from
sethb(_at_)cluebytwelve(_dot_)com" from my home computer.  I can set up an SPF
record for cluebytwelve.com to specify that my current IP address has
that permission, completely independent of the ISP that provides
IP-level access.  That works well for me, even though the ISP doesn't
authorize my home machine to send directly email from "sethb(_at_)ISP".

  I suppose there's nothing preventing DynDNS etal from extending their
current dynamic DNS service to offer SPF records.

  Technical question; does SPF authorize an IP address, a forward DNS,
or an rDNS to send email for a given domain?

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org>
Email users are divided into two classes;