Re: [Asrg] SICS

2004-12-24 13:59:45
That doesn't address scalability, it just shifts the knee of the
curve much like [sic] a faster CPU or more memory might.
Yes, it shifts the burden of spawning full-fledged SMTP sessions onto
the subset of valid requests.  The question is whether the resulting
cost of handling an invalid request is so insignificant with off the
shelf hardware to allow orders of magnitude more requests than your
current full fledged SMTP.  I believe it is in this case.

It certainly was so when I implemented such a thing.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML
mouse(_at_)rodents(_dot_)montreal(_dot_)qc(_dot_)ca