RE: [Asrg] article: port 25 blocking

2005-04-12 19:03:45
-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:asrg-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Markus Stumpf
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:01 PM
To: George Ou
Cc: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; 'Markus Stumpf'
Subject: Re: [Asrg] article: port 25 blocking

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 04:41:28PM -0700, George Ou wrote:
Most people already manage their own DNS when they sign up with a
hosting service via web interface.  Since they're already managing
their MX records now, no reason they can't manage their own SPF records.

MX != outgoing SMTP

Where did I claim "=="?  I'm simply stating that if one can manage an MX
record for incoming SMTP, then it is reasonable to ask that they manage SPF
records for outgoing SMTP.

Again, MX != outgoing SMTP for large parts of the Internet.

Again, that's your words, not mine.

Those
people are probably using your standard relay servers anyways so it's
fairly easy to use default settings.

No, a not so small number of them aren't using any of our MTAs at all.

Then they use their own IP addresses.  What's your point?

[snip]

I can't find SPF records for netzero.com. Your mail routing is a very
good example. You send via Yahoo and you receive via mx.lax.untd.com
and mx.nyc.untd.com. Contact Yahoo and try to get a list of IPs and
add SPF records.

I have no problem changing to the official netzero.com smtp relay server
there.

George