Re: [Asrg] article: port 25 blocking

2005-04-12 09:44:49

I have prepared a web page

http://www.nber.org/REASON-FOR-REJECTION/smarthost.html

which I refer corespondents to when they are blocked because their IP
address looks dynamic. In fact they always claim there is nothing they can
do and insist we whitelist them. Still, I can hope that eventually they
will get a reasonable RDNS or smarthost if they have enough trouble
getting their mail through.

I phrased the page as though the person reading it were legitimate, I
don't think spammers are affected by insults, but legitimate corespondents
are likely to be (in the wrong way, of course).

Daniel Feenberg