[Asrg] comparisons

2005-04-20 17:36:44
As long as we're talking about comparisons: Here's an interesting take on spam-fighting: http://wiki.fastmail.fm/wiki/index.php/FightSpam Shows the upside and downside of wikis... (note the hit-man references).
=-=-=-=-=
Apropos fussp.info:
A few schemes and scheme tweaks I've thought of.

Universal adoption says:
"A whitelist scheme can only be used to reject spam when *every* legitimate mail sender is part of the scheme. " Well, no. Having a whitelist scheme in place means you can turn up the sensitivity on your spam-detection tools (i.e. lower SpamAssassin score thresholds and reject more spam) and maintain the same FP rate, or keep them at the current level and have a lower FP rate. Also, what does "Universal" mean? Every sender? user? recipient? server? domain? needs to adopt it?

New scheme:
"User support is expensive"
e.g. Large ISPs will not adopt schemes that require each end-user make changes to their setups, such as installing new software or even just reconfiguring current software. They are not willing to do something that will precipitate a deluge of support calls.

BTW, the current TOU (Terms of Use) are unreasonable:
Too long.
Undated.
changes w/o notice???
Usage of my account by another due to a security flaw in your system is not my responsibility.
12. Reservation of rights - NOT compatible with open content...

Privacy policy:
too long, etc.