Re: [Asrg] Comments on draft-church-dnsbl-harmful-01.txt

2006-03-31 10:24:23

On Mar 30, 2006, at 10:31 AM, Tony Finch wrote:

For example, I decided to stop using the MAPS RSS because they don't expire old entries, and we were getting false positives from address ranges that had been re-assigned in the four or so years since the original listing.

This is the open-relay list. Once an open relay is reported and a test is made of a source appearing to be an open-relay, there is no subsequent retesting without a request. Open-relays are used for purposes other than email, and may have sporadic availability. Many owners don't care about being on an open-relay list, but see testing as intrusive. This policy may need to be reviewed, as this list does require feedback.

-Doug