Re: [Asrg] Comments on draft-church-dnsbl-harmful-01.txt

2006-03-31 13:46:43
On 2006-03-31 11:30:57 -0800, Douglas Otis wrote:
On 2006-03-30 19:31:44 +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
On my servers, DNSBLs deal with about 80% of ALL email (including
internal email - our mail hub handles everything).

That's impressive. For our servers it was little more than 5% in
the second half of 2005.

5% is about the right figure for the traditional RBL.  There are
other lists that prove far more effective.  As an RBL list is
effective at prohibiting a source, other sources are then uncovered.
A greater percentage will be found using the newer types of lists.
These newer lists look beyond just the RBL and approach the 80%
figure that Nick indicates.  : )

Any hints on which lists these are? ;-)

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Ich sehe nun ein, dass Computer wenig
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | geeignet sind, um sich was zu merken.