Re: [Asrg] Round 2 of the DNSBL BCP - "collateral damage"

2008-04-06 00:08:35
Rich Kulawiec wrote:
On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 12:58:24PM +1100, Matthew Sullivan wrote:

Seems a lot of people forgot what SPF gives/does not give.

I'm well aware of SPF (and DKIM, and SenderID).  Whatever their
theoretical merits, I don't consider them worthy of serious operational
consideration, as spammers/phishers already have the ability to render
them moot whenever it pleases them to do so.

Since adding relatively restrictive SORBS SPF records the 'bounce
attack' (ie outscatter attacks) on SORBS have become very manageable and
almost non existent.
  But regardless of that
debate, which is arguably off-topic here, I don't believe they should
be mentioned in a BCP about DNSBLs.

True.

/ Mat