Re: [Asrg] Round 2 of the DNSBL BCP - "collateral damage"

2008-04-06 00:13:40
SM wrote:
BTW, 127.0.0.2 is only a problem if the application performing the
query doesn't whitelist IP addresses (RFC 1918, etc.).  I see that
more as an implementation problem.

ie sendmail. (sendmail also has a problem with listing 127.0.0.1 which
is the only server reported that suffers)

If the BCP suggests how to invent a test string, we end up with
different strings.  It's easier to code for one or two cases.

example.(com|net|org) should not be a valid domain because it is a
reserved domain so it is valid to use for a test.

/ Mat