[Asrg] 127.0.0.2 (was: Round 2 of the DNSBL BCP - "collateral damage")

2008-04-04 17:07:38
Chris Lewis wrote:

I feel so ... dumb ;-)  127.0.0.2 will have similar problems.

Why should it ?  It works for SURBL and many other lists.

The thing to choose would preferably be something that's not
resolveable, and is unlikely to ever be used in a real link.

127.0.0.2 is unlikely enough.  "invalid" would be misleading,
"test" is in theory fine, unless you need "test" for unrelated
tests.  Another advantage of 127.0.0.2, no I18N considerations.

The "example.tld" for RFCI is one thing, if it turns out to be
bad it can be fixed.  For a worldwide "cannot happen" string
you'd have to talk with ICANN, depending on your mood also
with wannabe-roots, ideally update RFC 2606, it's a rathole.

 Frank