Re: [Asrg] Email Postage (was Re: FeedBack loops)

2008-11-19 18:40:47
You should print your own postage.  Not as a sender, but as the
recipient.
That will do outblaze, AOL, gmail, and msn some good.  Not so much
for the rest of us; how many senders will care about our relatively
tiny domains?

Those to whom getting mail to us has value, of course.

There is a point of view from which we're already doing this to some
extent, only the postage takes a myriad of different forms, most of
them non-monetary (for example, one of the prices I impose is that the
sending host have fcrDNS).

I think the biggest problem is the perennial micropayment problem: if
every recipient site becomes a postage vendor, they must all be
handling something very much like money in some form....

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse(_at_)rodents-montreal(_dot_)org