Re: [Asrg] where the message originated (was: DKIM role?) (SM)

2009-01-21 11:12:29

Ian Eiloart wrote:
It's not interesting who publishes SPF records.

It's interesting who reads them.

That depends on whether you're deciding whether to publish them, or whether to read them.

For the purpose of assessing Internet utility, consumption is a better indicator than publication.

I understood this thread to be discussing utility.

Publication without consumption has zero utility. So does consumption without publication, of course, but if there is a community wishing to consume, there will almost certainly come to be a community doing the publication.

In contrast we've had ample demonstration that that publication does not have any automatic implication about consumption.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking