Re: [Asrg] "Mythical" Global Reputation System

2009-12-19 05:25:12
Douglas Otis wrote:
On 12/15/09 11:46 AM, John Leslie wrote:
I agree a vouching service may cash a fee from the mail domain they vouch for. This does not imply corruption, though.

    There are actual expenses involved in vouching. A fee is needed to
cover these in most cases.

Running just a feedback conduit service, information gained might help assist other email related services that could offset the related costs. Consolidating reports also helps defray network expenses, by utilizing input more than output directions.

This thread has become quite intricate. Many useful ideas, but they are difficult to sort out because there's little concordance on foundations... As a sort of kōan, let me ask this deliverability question:

 What are the differences between being vouched for by an MGRS and
 relaying through an external smart host?