Re: [Asrg] Adding a spam button to MUAs

2009-12-21 12:49:01

On Dec 20, 2009, at 7:09 AM, Ian Eiloart wrote:

The point is that if your users have a mail client with two buttons, it's
capable of making a distinction that will be useful to some admins. Other
admins my chose not to make use of the distinction, but if you extinguish the
information before it reaches the admin, then it's impossible to reconstruct
it.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, this may or may not be true.  The key
question isn't whether the mail client can make the distinction, it's whether
the users can.  If the users can't use the client's two buttons with
sufficiently low error rates, then the resulting data can't possibly be useful
to the admins.  In other words, what  you state as fact is actually a testable
proposition (about which I am skeptical).  -- Nathaniel